North Bali Reef Conservation is a non-profit organisation. All volunteer costs go towards volunteer activities, accommodation, food, future program development and the salary of local people who help the project. Below you can see our up to date price list.
There is NO Registration Fee, 100% of the Program Fee goes to support the conservation program and local Balinese community.
What your Program Fee includes:
- Your shared volunteer’s accommodation at home stay accommodation at (Maximum of 4 same sex volunteers in each room. Couples can share the same room).
- Transportation with our driver from Denpasar International Airport to Ubud and then to Tianyar in Bali
- Local support during your placement from YBS Staff
- All your volunteer’s meals (breakfast, lunch & dinner) are provided from Monday until Friday
- Wi-Fi access is available onsite at the volunteer’s accommodation
- A Volunteering Certificate is presented to you by North Bali Reef Conservation on your last volunteering day.
What expenses are not included in your Program Fee:
- Airfares and all transportation to arrival at Denpasar International airport.
- Your travel health insurance (make sure insurance covers you for South-East Asia).
- Visa costs for Indonesia (possible visa extensions) and vaccinations
- Personal expenses like your tours and weekend meals
- Your Transport to Denpasar Airport or other location at end of your volunteering placement.
Dorm accommodation with VolunteerInBali volunteers, 3 meals a day Monday to Friday and transport from the airport.
Funding to teach local fishermen English and how to dive, as well as investing in dive equipment.
Costs associated with paying fishermen and local staff who run the program.
A fund to provide fishermen and local families with an opportunity to improve their income and quality of life, showing them conservation has a direct benefit to them.
Terms and Conditions
- Age Requirement: +16
- Volunteers under the age of 18 need written permission for their legal guardian to attend the program
- Language: A good knowledge of the English language.
- Volunteer Program Fees: Payment needs to be made before the volunteer starts his or her volunteering period. If a volunteer decides to leave their placement for any reason prior to the date specified, no refunds can be made.
- Once you have been accepted into your volunteer placement, you can make full payment of your Program Fee online via bank transfer or pay your full amount on your Program Orientation day in Bali, Indonesia. Full payment during your Program Orientation is our preferred option.
- The volunteer will be refunded 100% of their Program Fee if they notify us of their cancellation their volunteer placement 60 days before their placement starts. Please note, transaction costs are at the expense of the applicant.
- The total fixed amount of the Program Fee is in USD $ (but should be paid in Indonesian Rupiah)
- A volunteer can provide their own accommodation during their volunteering placement, but your Program Fee will not be reduced.
- A volunteer ‘Code of Conduct’ is required to be signed by each volunteer during their Program Orientation. A copy will be provided in their pre-arrival kit, emailed to each confirmed volunteer before their arrival.
- Insurance: Volunteers must purchase Travel Insurance for Southeast Asia before their arrival into Bali.
- Your Social Visa sponsor reserves the right not to extend your Social Visa after your volunteering placement has completed.
Volunteer Application Process
1) Complete our Volunteer Application Form:
Fill out the application form. After receiving this we will assess your suitability and place you in our programs.
2) Volunteer Placement information on Approval:
We will email you a pre-arrival kit on information on your volunteer placement and details on how to make your program fee payment.
3) Payment of Program Fee:
Once you have been accepted into your volunteer placement, you can make full payment of your Program Fee with a bank to bank transfer or pay your full amount on your Orientation Program in Ubud, Bali, Indonesia.
Once you have made your traveling arrangements you should email your time of arrival into Denpasar International Airport and we will confirm your driver pickup.